Cook County Jail is considering implementing home-based video visitation – please consider taking this survey to convey your thoughts.
* ATTENTION ALL VISITORS *
Please be advised that the Cook County Department of Corrections (CCDOC) has instituted a new visitation policy. Any individuals wishing to visit an inmate MUST complete and submit a Visitor Application to the CCDOC. Visitor Applications may be obtained and submitted at the following locations:
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office website www.cookcountysheriff.org
- Divisional lobby where the inmate is being housed
- Entrance of any Cook County courthouse
The application MUST be filled out completely and it is strongly encouraged to submit applications using the official Sheriff’s website. Minors 17 years of age or under DO NOT need to fill out an application; however they MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian who has been approved according to the new visitation policy at the time of the visit. Also, if the minor is high school age, a current state or school photo ID must be presented. Up to three children can be accompanied by one adult. If you have already submitted an application for an individual inmate, you DO NOT need to reapply. You will have to submit a new application if the inmate was discharged and then re-incarcerated.
Once the application is received, a background check will be conducted to determine if the applicant is approved for visiting privileges. Applicants must call the Visitor Information Center at (773) 674-5225 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the status of their applications. Please allow three (3) business days after submitting an application to inquire about the status.
Applicants will be DENIED visiting privileges based on the criteria below. If you have been DENIED approval for the reasons noted in points 3 and 4 below, you may reapply, but only if your mandatory waiting period has expired.
- The applicant provided invalid, inaccurate or unverifiable information on the Visitor Application.
- The applicant is a minor 17 years of age or under.
- The applicant is:
- On parole/probation within the last year.
- On house arrest.
- On bond awaiting a court date, excluding misdemeanor traffic cases.
- The applicant was discharged from CCDOC, Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC) or any other verified correctional facility within the last 60 days.
- The applicant has an outstanding warrant, including ICE detainers.
- The applicant has a protective order placed on the inmate they are requesting to visit.
- Any safety or security reasons as determined by a CCSO supervisor.
Visitors are required to follow Cook County Department of Corrections visitor rules and regulations at ALL times while on facility grounds. Failure to do so may result in the termination or denial of future visits.
To apply for visitation, search for the inmate that you wish to visit below. If you wish to visit more than one inmate, you must submit an application for each inmate. All applicants will be subject to a background check.
Although every effort is made to keep the information accurate and current, it cannot be guaranteed. Users are cautioned that the information is based upon name check only and documentation the DOC received. By using this search tool, you acknowledge that you understand that it is solely your responsibility to verify any information you may obtain herein before relying on said information for any type of legal action.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the unsentenced inmates are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.